Tuesday 7 October 2014

Shocking moments

 Shocking moments
Terror  everywhere,  children  crying,  grief,  anxiety,  people  rushing  here  and  there;  an  extremely  traumatic  scene.  This  was  what  I  saw  on  a  news  channel  that  was  focusing  on  a  recent  earthquake  at  Haiti.  I  was  horrified  to  see  that.  I  suddenly  remembered  the  incident  that  happened  my  own  country. The  incident  that  I  remembered  was  of  an  earthquake  that  had  occurred  in  Kathmandu,  the  capital  city  of  my  country  Nepal.
It  was  the  day  when  there  was  an  earthquake  in  Kathmandu  while  I  was  about  nine  years  old.  It  was  just  like  a  normal  day  in  my  school  untill  one  of  my  friends  noticed  the  desks  and  blackboard  of  my  classroom  shaking.  Suddenly  everyone  started  to  scream  and  to  run  out  of  the  classroom.  I  had  not  noticed  the  blackboard  shaking  and  did  not  know  what  was  going  on  but  still  ran  out  of  the  classroom  following  my  friends  as  I  was  extremely  horrified  to  find  everyone  running  out  of  the  classroom  all  of  a  sudden.  It  was  while  I  was  running  out  of  the  classroom  that  I  heard  someone  screaming  that  it  was  an  earthquake.
Everyone  in  our  school  went  towards  the  basketball  ground  so  that  they  could be  safe.  The  shaking  had  already  stopped  and  nothing  happened  to  the  buildings  of  our  school  but  there  was  still  a  risk  of  the  earthquake  coming  back.  Everyone  was  worried  that  the  earthquake  might  cause  severe  damage  to  the  buildings  in  our  city  as  the  buildings  in  our  city  are  not  constructed  as  to  be  safe  from  earthquakes.  Even  though  our  city  is  the  most  vulnerable  city  to  earthquakes  the  people  of  my  city  do  not  care  enough  to  build  earthquake  proof  houses.  Everyone  stayed  in  the  school  ground  for  an  hour  then  we  were  sent  to  our  homes.  When  we  returned  to  our  home  we  got  to  know  that  one  of  the  buildings  of  our  community  had  collapsed  due  to  the  earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post

Comments system

Disqus Shortname

Flickr User ID