Thursday 30 May 2013

The Inevitable


 Walking through the cold sinister alley

I feel the obscurity engulfing me whole,

The fallen houses, the broken roofs

All of it, makes me think of all the steps I took.

Everything is falling apart

But I still don’t know where I went wrong,

Is it me that’s pushing away the bliss?

I’d never know if I’m not.

I stand in the eye of the hurricane

Preparing myself for the worst.

Even though I’m scared of the muddle,

I walk with my head held high and chin up.



Something behind me moves, and every part of me quivers,

I turn a blind eye and look away from the chaos.

It’s not that I’ve never faced things like this,

I had stood still then, and again, Oh yes I will!

I know the hurricane will pass and so will the night

There’s dawn ready to sneak up, to make things right

Until then, I’m going to be strong, and I’ll fight

Beneath the despair, deep down, I know things will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads Inside Post

Comments system

Disqus Shortname

Flickr User ID